Thursday 19 April 2012

Suzie Pugh, presenting our collages to the class

In todays seminar, each group had to present their sense of place collage to the rest of the class.
I spoke for my group and explained to the class what our collage was about. In my small group, each person had a small section of the paper and had their own sense of place images e.g. one person had sports and I had make up and fashion.

It was interesting to listen to everyone elses ideas and the explanations behind their collages.

For the second part of this seminar we were introduced to Metaphors. We were asked to define the word metaphor. A metaphor is when comparisons are made between two unlike things that actually have something in common. We looked into song lyrics that have metaphors in them such as the lyrics, ' Hit me baby one more time' By Britney Spears and ' I can see your Halo' By beyonce.

Metaphors are highly used in songs, media and advertisments nowadays.

Here are some images of how Metaphors are used in advertisments;





..

I believe that metaphors have a deep meaning in advertisments. It expresses and sends the message in a simple way.

No comments:

Post a Comment